To our friends scattered to and fro,
This week found us continuing the hammer down life of a farmer in the springtime.. Father completed planting soybeans on our rental ground, and we started spring chopping. Wednesday as I was in the field, I received a text from Julia.. It read:
Caption naming contest! Winner will receive reward.. To be announced..
Apparently Julia was working with our heifers and snapped this pic on her phone.. I had no idea how serious this really was.. Lets just say 49 entries, and a party complete with 3 gals of homemade ice cream later, the results are in.. 🙂 I get such a kick out of the different directions that the mind runs.. Thought maybe you’d enjoy seeing some of the entries.. Thanks to those of you who humored us.. 🙂
-Just one little kiss!
-This neck massage is moovolous
-Somebody kill this copycat beside me
-I promise I didn’t do it
-Isn’t there more to life than making milk?
-Mama said there’d be days like this
-Will you marry me? *Julia wasn’t sure what to respond to this one 😉
-She knows (nose) what’s up
-I’m in a great mood today
-Milking up the sunshine,sunshine
– Mommy why is the world crooked?
-You may be cheering that your bulktank is running over, but this is how we feel about it!
-Crazy for you
-They say that the grass is always greener on the other side..But it looks like I’m going to have to go see a chiropractor to get rid of this kink in my neck!
– I hate it when the milk maid has cold hands!
– Sunshine Indulgence
– No service unless you can see over the bar ( and that’s no bull!)
– Hey.. you sure you know what you’re doing?
-Drink milk, eat chicken!
– Eat more chicken *these were submitted by the boyfriend- the excited new chicken farmer
– I like to moove it, moove it
– Help me! I hear Emily’s milking again!
– ” Don’t mind me, I’m just admiring your cowloused hands”
– What are you looking at? Never seen yoga cowlesthentics before?
– What’s with the grill and BBG sauce?
– I love hanging out here.. Now all I need is a moolatte
– Ya wanna sMOOch?!
– Am I cute enough to survive the bulktank overflow?
– I just love that moocic!
– What kind of a mood is Miss Julia in today?
– No offense cause you feed me well too, but where’s Andrew?
– Julll, we finally got the tank fullll!
– And don’t you dare say that I’m being nosy!!
The contributing authors that showed up at the ice cream party voted for the best caption..
Second place: -Kissing booth: 25 cents/ kiss
And the winner -Normally I wouldn’t kiss on the first date, but I’ll break the rule for you!
..and thus provided some excitement for Paradise Lane.. 🙂 Some of the captions have a story behind them.. Like our milk tank has the unusual problem of running over recently -PTL.. And Andrew is a former hired man who was convinced the cows are missing him ;).. Anyhow.. Have a moovolous day- Kendra
This is Father’s contribution to my blog.. He thought this would be great..lol.. I’m still not a fan of the rooster, but am a little more tolerant since Sqwack is penned up most of the time.. I wish I knew what Rolo was thinking.. Jimmy and Mervin are being good sports..
” Somehow the picnic didn’t turn out quite like Sqwack had imagined..”